We’ve won the ice cream, now let’s show them that we’re capable of REAL change!
by Annika Brouwer on 28 February 2018
We’ve won the ice-cream, now lets show them that we’re capable of REAL change!
As part of the Student Switch Off campaign (www.studentswitchoff.org/unis/cambridge) Lucy is supporting Switch Off Week from 5 to 11 March. During the week the campaign will be monitoring electricity usage across all Colleges and Lucy will be awarded bronze/silver/GOLD/PLATINUM in the campaign depending how much energy we save compared to the previous week.
HELP LUCY GET TO GOLD!!!
Please do what you can to save energy by following these simple tips:
- Switching off lights when rooms are empty·
- Switching off appliances when not in use and not leaving them on standby
- Washing clothes at lower temperatures (most clothes are OK being washed at 30oc)
- Putting a lid on the pan when cooking (saves time too!)
- Not overfilling the kettle (saves time too!)
- If it’s warm enough to open a window, turn down the heating too
You can read about what great things we can achieve together when we try by clicking on the ice-cream news story here.